Job Title: Director (Finance and Administration) – 1 Post
Reports to: Executive Director
Age Range: 35 – 45 Years
The Director Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate systems for the management of the Authority’s Accounts, Human Resource, Administration and IT. He/She will also support implementation of effective risk and public sector financial management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of the Authority’s policies and procedures on Public Financial Management;
- Strengthening appropriate accounting procedures, controls and Risk Management Systems;
- Development and maintenance of the necessary systems to safeguard the assets and financial operations of the Authority;
- Ensuring availability, effective utilisation and accountability of funds;
- Support the preparation of detailed Financial Plans for Free Zones Projects;
- Ensure proper Monitoring of NTR systems, prompt billing, collection and accountability;
- Support the carrying out of financial due diligence on prospective Investors in Free Zones;
- Support the preparation of budgets in conjunction with the Planning Unit;
- Oversee the Human Resource and handle the administrative function of the Authority;
- Provide oversight to the Information Communication Technology function.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Innovative with a proven high level of integrity;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Proficiency in the relevant computer packages;
- Self-motivation and ability to work under tight deadlines in a competitive environment;
- Budgeting (including Budget Planning);
- Risk Management;
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognised Institution.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance; Business Administration or Management majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognised University.
- MUST have a professional qualification in either ACCA, CIPFA or CPA.
- Should be a Member of a professional accounting body.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, 5 (five) of which should be at a senior level in government or a reputable Public Institution.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a leadership role in an organisation/unit/project with diverse professionals.
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.