REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PROCUREMENT REF. NO: UFZA/SRVCS/23-24/0085
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR LEASING OF PRODUCTION BUILDINGS AND OFFICE SPACE AT THE ENTEBBE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FREE ZONE
The Government of Uganda represented by Uganda Free Zones Authority (UFZA) has commenced a process of leasing out production buildings and office space to business enterprises at the Free Zone located at Entebbe International Airport, in line with the Free Zones Act, 2014.
UFZA is a statutory body established in accordance with the East African Community (EAC) Partner States’ commitment to develop Export Processing Zones (EPZs) and Free Ports (FPs) as envisaged under Articles 29 & 31 of the EAC Customs Union Protocol, Part XIV of the EAC Customs Management Act, and the Free Zones Act. The Authority is responsible for the establishment, development, management, marketing, maintenance, supervision and control of Free Zones in Uganda and to provide for other related matters with the aim of creating opportunities for export development and job creation.
Free Zones are gazetted geographical areas which, under Statutory Declaration, are exempted from customs’ taxes and duties payable under the East African Community Customs Management Act, and the Free Zones Act, 2014, to aid production of export competitive goods and services.
UFZA, hereinafter referred to as the “leaser”, hereby invites incorporated or registered companies (domestic or international), to lease out production buildings and office space at the Entebbe International Airport Free Zone for the purpose of processing goods for export or rendering export-related services within the Free Zone.
The lessee is expected to utilize, and maintain the leased workspaces for light manufacturing, processing, packaging and branding, warehousing or storage of goods for export.
Eligible companies should submit sealed Expressions of Interest (EoI), for the aforementioned Space at the Entebbe International Airport Free Zone, demonstrating that they possess the required qualifications to operate in the Free Zone, supported with the following documentation.
1. A Certified copy of the certificate of incorporation or registration under the laws of Uganda and the Memorandum and Articles of Association;
2. A detailed 5-Year Business Plan indicating activities to be carried out and the main products to be produced/processed or warehoused for export, value and volume of exports, expected impact on the economy in terms of capital investment, job creation, and potential for technology to be transferred by the lessee;
3. Period/duration for which the applicant will operate in the Free Zone, and time lines for implementation of the Project;
4. The amount of building space and/or office space that shall be required for the business operation;
5. Evidence of adequate equity base or access to capital (could be a bank statement for the company or a commitment letter from the financing institution);
6. Expected impact on the environment and social safeguards and whether an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment shall be necessary;
7. Tax Clearance Certificate for companies incorporated in Uganda addressed to Uganda Free Zones Authority; and
8. Beneficial ownership declaration form certified by Uganda Registration services Bureau (URSB);
A company may associate with another in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualification. The details of the joint venture should be indicated in the expression of interest.
Interested eligible companies may obtain further information regarding Entebbe International Airport Free Zone facility at the address given below from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Mondays through Fridays.
Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 3rd January 2024. Late Expressions of Interest shall be rejected.
2. The planned Procurement schedule, subject to changes is as follows:
HEAD, PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL UNIT
UGANDA FREE ZONES AUTHORITY (UFZA)
PLOT 1 COLVILLE STREET, KAMPALA
6TH FLOOR, COMMUNICATIONS HOUSE,
P. O. BOX 37578, KAMPALA
Tel: 0417 722 635