Job Title: Driver – 2 Posts
Reports to: Manager (Human Resource & Administration)
Contract in line with the Rationalization of Agencies and Public Expenditure Exercise, currently ongoing in Government.
(Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
Age Range: Not below 28 Years
The Jobholder will mainly facilitate efficient and effective chauffeur functions by transporting the Authority’s staff and goods safely as requested and maintain vehicles in good working condition
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Transport Staff and Authority’s Guests, Collect and Deliver Documents, Parcels to Various Destinations
- Transport staff and guests as approved by Supervisor safely and efficiently to and from approved destinations.
- Collect and make deliveries of documents and goods as instructed by the Supervisor and maintain records.
Comply with Road Rules and Regulations
- Maintain valid driving license, insurance policies and registration and comply with all traffic and road safety rules and regulations.
- Comply with the Authority’s drivers guidelines and communicate with relevant Officers for any related issues.
- Ensure the safety of passengers by verifying working conditions of the vehicles.
- Maintain a zero case of accidents and follow the Authority’s policy and guidelines in case of any accident.
Log Movements and Expenses
- Maintain the vehicle logbook and trip lists, fuel vouchers fully updated and accounted for.
- Regularly and accurately record and log all movements of the vehicle as per the Authority’s policies and guidelines.
Timely and Detailed Reporting
- Report mechanical malfunction incidents to the Supervisor and provide vehicle accident reports as and when required.
- File administrative forms such as delivery notes for accountability purposes.
- Keep proper records of fuel consumption.
Service Vehicle Maintenance Management
- Identify, report minor repairs and arrange regular maintenance and cleanliness of all the vehicle.
- Keep track of the general maintenance schedule, including tyre condition and report maintenance needs to the Supervisor.
- Carry out visual checks of all vehicle liquids and body panels for efficient functionality.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education;
- Valid driving permit – Class B and above;
- Must hold a Certificate in Defensive Driving;
- At least six years of relevant driving experience in the public sector or a reputable organization.
- At least Seven years of driving experience in the public sector or a reputable organization
Character and Competences
- Good interpersonal skills;
- High integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
UFZA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants who meet the requirement may send applications accompanied by a comprehensive CV with 3 referees, copies of certificates as well as other relevant academic and professional credentials including daytime contact addressed to;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Free Zones Authority,
P.O. Box 37578 Kampala, Uganda
Submit hard-copies to the address above or soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 4:00pm of Tuesday, 12th October 2021